Saturday, June 6, 2009

SO IT'S SATURDAY


And I’m a week late. We’ve been getting the south west section of the back worked up……..finally. This has been hanging fire for several years. And frankly, if I was working full time it would still be waiting. So, I keep telling myself that everything does really happen for a reason.


Then I came down with a summer cold to make things even more interesting. No bad symptoms, just a drippy nose and an overwhelming urge to crawl under the covers and not come out for a week or so. Believe me, I’m not used to falling asleep in my chair in the middle of the day.


Anyway, outo f the back and into the front. This little lady was the first rose to bloom this year. It’s a miniature in a pot on the front steps. The contrast between the rose blossom and the blue and white planter behind it works really well.


For a little rose the fragrance from this one really packs a punch; especially when it’s been in the sun for awhile. We’ve gotten all our roses from a nursery up the valley. They specialize in the own root roses. In other words the rose you see is the same as the root, not a graft. Two years ago this little beauty was literally a stick.

No comments: