Friday, July 2, 2010

Photo Friday

It's been so very long since anyone celebrated Photo Friday. It has, in fact, been a long time since I played with my camera. Weather has been crappy, cares of the world have bent my shoulders to the ground...and all that.

So, anyway, here's a picture. Of an astoundingly neat petunia I found at one of my favorite plant shops in Eugene. I don't usually go for petunias, because they are so susceptible to being attacked by "green eaters" around mid-summer ("green eaters" being cabbage butterfly larvae that are particularly fond of petunia flowers...)

But this one was so very cool, I had to have one. And I actually got it planted in a pot before it died!

So here's the mug shot:

063

Yeah, it's huge. And, yeah...the flowers are deep pink, with purple veins and edged in green.

Pretty neat, huh?

3 comments:

emmapeelDallas said...

Absolutely, drop dead GORGEOUS! And is there scent to these? Because I swear I can almost smell them...

Lisa :-] said...

Unfortunately, Judi, pretty smell is not in the petunia's repertoire. It smells...like a petunia. Not great. :D

sunflowerkat said...

Better than neat....just BEAUTIFUL!