Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm here...

Hey everyone...

I'm here...I hope you all had a great holiday.

It was a strange holiday here for us. Hannukah was here so early, it was over long before my daughter was home from school for her semester break. We had a little celebration one evening once we had everyone home but it hardly felt like a holiday.

The New York blizzard was not as severe out on Long Island as it was in the city. Despite the snow, Aaron and I went in to Manhattan on the Tuesday after Christmas. Many of the streets were in terrible shape and the mountains of plowed snow (and slush) made walking less than ideal. But it was an absolutely beautiful day.

I took this photo quickly, with my iphone as we were hurrying across the street.

Post blizzard in NYC...


NYC_Dec28

1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

Thank you, Kat. Great picture!

Reminds me of the midwest, where you would get snow, and then the sun would come out and you would have those glorious blue and white slightly melty days.

Around here, if the sun comes out after it snows, it's freezing-ass cold, windy, and, well...not very nice. We seem to do rain a lot better than we do snow...