Monday, February 15, 2010

Something In The Air

It's just mid-February, there was frost on the truck windows this morning, and it's only forty degrees and overcast right now - but....I have been out there watering my rosebushes with freezing cold water from the rain barrels, accompanied by a talkative chickadee who almost came to my outstretched hand; and there's that certain something in the air that for the first time this year whispers...spring is on its way. More storms will surely blow in from the Pacific, bringing snow to the mountains, icy precip here in the valley, cold nights and mornings, but this week it's going to reach nearly sixty for daytime highs and the sun is supposed to shine.  Time to get some lettuce and mesclun seeds into the ground.  That whisper in the air is almost never wrong.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm sitting here under blankets, watching snow blow around. The thermometer reads 23 degrees, but Spring is out there lurking, somewhere.

emmapeelDallas said...

Oh, I love this! It's unseasonably cold here in Dallas right now, but I know what you're talking about...that whisper in the air...and what a sweet whisper it is!

sunflowerkat said...

I am looking forward to spring too. I love seeing everything coming back to life. But, I dread the coming of summer and the heat. I'd prefer another blizzard to that.

:)