Too bad there isn't a mood entry for "totally pissed off."
Phil Gramm, former senator from Texas,
1. Worked like a good little beaver to rewrite the banking laws to breach the firewalls between separate types financial institutions
2. Tried to help deregulate the power industry leading to the Enron meltdown
3. Left the senate for a cushy job with Switzerlands' biggest bank
4. Was, and maybe still is, John McCain's point man on the economic matters and
5. When all the vultures come home to roost tells us the problems are all in our heads and we're a nation of "whiners."
WTF is wrong with this picture?
And the bail out for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae is attached to a housing bill with block grants to help people facing foreclosure and the current occupant doesn't approve of block grants so he's threatening to veto it. The man is the lamest of ducks but he can still blow up the bridge in front of the out of control train. Who needs Bin Laden to wreck the country when we're doing such a great job of cutting ourselves off at the hips.
Hold the damn election next Monday. Certify the winner on Tuesday or ASAP considering possible electoral college questions and swear the winner in the day after.