Friday, September 5, 2008

Our Worst Nightmare

Sarah Palin is our worst nightmare.

 

She’s not, as she claims, a pit bull with lipstick.

 

She’s George W. Bush with lipstick.

 

She’s everything we’ve loathed, everything that has gone wrong with this country for the past eight years.  She’s an uncurious, uninspired, unflinching Fundamentalist.  She has deep, deep ties to the oil industry.  She’s uneducated to a laughable degree…at least Bush’s rich family made sure he was availed of an undistinguished tenure at Yale.  You want to talk inexperience?  She’s lorded it over the less than 700,000 souls that inhabit America’s largest and most remote state for just short of two years.  Before that, she spent ten years in the city government of Wasilla, Alaska—with a population of not even10,000.  Foreign affairs?  Here is a woman who freely admits that she has not spent much time thinking about the War in Iraq.  Though she seems to have guessed enough about it to call it “God’s work.”

 

Put a dick on her and she could BE George W. Bush. 

 

Do we want, need or under any circumstances hanker to be saddled with four moreyears of this sort of character in high office in Washington, D.C.? 

 

Not on your life.

 

She’s an insult to women, an insult to democracy, and an insult to government in general.

 

And when I think of all the worthy women who have toiled and fought and cajoled and struggled in American government for the past 100 years—women like Bella Abzug and Madeleine Albright, Elizabeth Dole and Hillary Clinton, and, yes, even Condoleeza Rice—I swear that if this, this person becomes the first woman to be elected to high office in this country, I will have to seriously consider renouncing my citizenship and moving to Canada.  Or Europe. Or any nation that couldn’t so disregard the good work of so many and award the prize to a hand-picked charlatan from the Evil Empire.

 

If  Sarah Palin is elected Vice President of the United States, it will be the death blow for my faith in or respect for the American people. 

 

Jackie is right.  We may not be able to change the minds of those who have allowed their pastor or their bible or their red-neck neighbors to dictate their vote.  But we can and we must energize any and all voters likely to sympathize with the Obama ticket to VOTE.  Don’t take for granted that the other guy is going to make sure thecountry is put in safe, sane hands.  Without every possible opposing vote, there could be just enough nut-jobs to give the nod to a McCain/Palin victory.

 

We’ve weathered so many Bush-generated disasters that perhaps we are desensitized to them.  But, mark my words, we haven’t begun to witness the kind of destruction a Sarah Palin administration—should Mr. McCain die in office—would visit upon this country and the world. 

 

Stand up.  Vote.  Throw these ignorant good ole boys--and gals--out of Washington to the back of beyond, where they belong…     

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lisa, you DELIVER!  I wish this could be on the editorial page of every paper in the country.  It's so disturbing to me that people are positively rapt about this dangerous idiot.  I told my boss at lunch yesterday if McCain/Palin win, I'll be looking at moving out of the country, and she knew I was totally serious.  It's depressing.

Excellent post, though.

Judi

Anonymous said...

YES Lisa!  My initial reaction to Sarah Palin was one of deep concern.  With each passing day....with everything I read, I feel even more strongly that this just can't happen.

I have never been interested in getting politially involved.  I pay attention, I vote, but I've never been moved beyond that.  But I think this week, I'm going to call my local Obama campaign office and see how I can work ensure that Sarah Palin is NOT our future.  And if they do win....I may be part of the massive exodus from Canada to escape this administration and their "ideals".

Anonymous said...

You said what I feel only louder and more emphatically! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

This is my country and I'm not giving it up without a fight, damnit.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

You girls are really ugly, you know that ?

Anonymous said...

Gee, Myrdog, why don't you tell us what you REALLY think?

:)

Anonymous said...

Well, I have listened to both candidates and their vice presidental choices and I will be voting for John Mccain and Sandra Palin. I am against gay marriage and abortion. I don't pretend to know everything but I do know what I believe and they are more in line with my beliefs. My first concern is safety for our country because if it is not kept safe nothing else matters. Not global warming (I believe the only one who  can destroy this planet is God. He made it. It belongs to him and is in his hands.) The economy won't matter if our buildings are blown up and our people killed. Who was worrying about that when 9/11 happened? Much of what has been said on here has been just ugly, demeaning things that have nothing to do with the issues. Besides, Michelle Obama's butt is too big. See what I mean.

Anonymous said...

OH yes, I like Cindy because she always wears her church going to meeting clothes.