Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Photo Day? OK...

Since we're all doing photos, I wanted to share one I took this past weekend.  Aaron and I went into Manhattan overnight to celebrate our 26th anniversary.  We were on the 39th floor of a downtown hotel, and our room overlooked Ground Zero.

I've seen it on tv so many times...and I've been to the visitor's area once.  But it was overwhelming to be able to really look down and see the void that once was the World Trade Center.  I couldn't stop thinking that those planes flew just a few hundred yards from where I was standing.  It's incomprehensible...what it must have been like that day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Amazing pic!  I am so glad you posted it, thank you, and congratulations on your anniversary!

:)

Judi

Anonymous said...

Wow!  I don't know if I could take it all in...  Thanks for the picture, Kat.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!  I agree with Lisa, I don't think I could take it all in.  In particular from that viewpoint.  

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I would want to see this on my anniversary trip but it is a great reminder to us all. I wonder why it still looks so very bad, the memorial should be happening faster. At least I wish it would. Dannelle