Saturday, May 17, 2008

FRIDAY PHOTOS ON SATURDAY?

And I do mean early. I hauled myself out of bed at six this morning. Good thing too, because by eight it was getting to warm to work in the sun, at least for this fifty something office worker.

So not in proportion. But, hey, I spent all of fifteen minutes on picture taking. If I can crawl out that early again tomorrow I'll do some tripod shots and see what I can come up with.

From bottom to the right, Strawberry growing in a landscape timber that's well on it's way to rotting out. First sunlight on the fern by the sidewalk. The irises have really started to bloom, this one is always first. This hot sun is so not good for them; and the blooms don't last very long anyway. The sun just hitting the seed heads of the blue oat grass. The red rhodie behind the arbor will probably be well and truly fried by the end of the weekend. They don't last very long, but we have others more shade that haven't even started to bloom yet.

Cross posted in Cottage by the Hedge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wish that the blooms in my garden would last just a bit longer.  I can never get enough.

I hope you get out with your tripod tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Lovely.  I haven't any blooms yet and I am so looking forward to the iris ... one of my favorites!