Monday, May 26, 2008

LANDSCAPE GERANIUMS

I was able to get around the yard today and so some shooting. No sun to speak of but no real rain either. The flowers in the middle are the landscape geraniums. Small, fragrant, perenial, and enthusiastic. They also drape over retaining walls very nicely. We have a very large patch in the front that goes nicely with the just blooming azaleas.

They're also called cranesbill geraniums because the seed pods look like bill of a crane. So they say.

Cross posted in Cottage by the Hedge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely.  This week it will be off to the nursery for some cranesbill geraniums.  I go right by my favorite nursey on the way to drop off a daughter to work.  :)

Anonymous said...

I moved TONS of cranesbill from my garden in PA to NY last fall.  It has come in beautifully.  I consider it a garden essential.

:)