Monday, May 19, 2008

Somewhere Around Cloud Nine...

Happy Birthday to me, two months early...

 Sunday night, the husband treated me and the good and faithful "D" (my assistant manager at the café) to an Oregon Symphony performance of Carmina Burana. And then we went out to a fancy dinner at the Heathman Hotel ½ block down the street from "The Schnitz" (the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.)

Ever since I turned myself on to Carmina Burana earlier this year, I knew I would have to hear it performed live. But I thought that, living out here to the far west of nowhere, I would have to wait forever.

But lo and behold, the Oregon Symphony performed it today as their final concert of the 2008 season. I only heard about it on Saturday, our seats were so crappy we were practically sitting in the orchestra’s laps…

But still…it was fantastic.

Judi! I got to "see" Carmina Burana! Score!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Early Birthday celebration then!  

Anonymous said...

(((((((((LISA!!!!))))))))

Score, indeed!  Oh, you know that I love Carmina Burana!  And to hear it live...it's been a few years since I've had that pleasure!  Wow, your husband did GOOD!  I'm so glad you got to hear it.  It's so beautiful!

:)))